Exec Office Animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exec Office Animation

I just completed this office and getting ready to animate. Problem is this still rendered in 9 hours. No way to animate with those digits.
    Here is the image and my settings. Any ideas?

your qmc samples are set to default, which are way too high since the migration from the 1.09x versions. Try .92, .02 and see how that helps. also keep in mind you can create your irradiance map with lower qmc settings then, raise the quality again for the final render so you still get your good area shadows, glossy reflections.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hi there, looks good.
      Was the 9 hours including the IRmap and Light cache?

a couple of settings you might want to tweak are the min samples in the qmc rollout from 14 to 8, in t=your animation you will lose a bit of detail due to video compression etc so these settings dont need to be as high as you have it.
      Also the AA settings switch to adaptive QMC and change the values to 1,4.
      This will speed up the render process a fair bit.

I also noticed that you had changed you raycaster paramters, you should switch back to the default settings that should help a little.
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Also using "use light cache for glossy rays" can save a lot of time, when rendering an animation you can pre calc the light cache using the "flythrough" mode and use the saved solution.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Your global subdivisions multiplier i think is killing you. Basically you're taking whatever is in your scene and multiplying it by 14X (14x longer). Bring it down to 1.

Also, check your downlights and try just using one intersecting plane for all of them. Also make sure your mats are no higher than 8 subdivisions.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Exec Office

Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
              Your global subdivisions multiplier i think is killing you. Basically you're taking whatever is in your scene and multiplying it by 14X (14x longer). Bring it down to 1.

Also, check your downlights and try just using one intersecting plane for all of them. Also make sure your mats are no higher than 8 subdivisions.

I second that !

Best regards,
              nikki Candelero
              .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman
                your qmc samples are set to default, which are way too high since the migration from the 1.09x versions. Try .92, .02 and see how that helps. also keep in mind you can create your irradiance map with lower qmc settings then, raise the quality again for the final render so you still get your good area shadows, glossy reflections.
                Wow, I didn't know that the qmc samples should be .92 for Adaptive amount and .02 for Noise Threshold! Do you always set it this way for exteriors as well as interiors Percy? Just wondering.

Thanks,
                rpc212
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

sorry for hijacking your thread Ranon....

percydaman - I tried using qmc settings 0.92 and 0.02 on a scene Im working on, but the result was very poor... all objects got "jagged" edges and everything looked pretty crappy.

I use the latest beta... any idea why this happened? it was an interior scene lit with vray lights, lightcache + IRR-map, catmull rom AA adaptive qmc 1-4....

Comment

post some images and we can always help
                    Chris Jackson
                    Shiftmedia
                    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                    X