Mip maps...making me crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mip maps...making me crazy!

I keep getting interference/moire patterns from a roof tile texture I've made. I converted it into a mip map using nvidia's mip map/normal map plugin for Photoshop. However, the same interference pattern shows upon rendering. Max scanline renderer seems to render the mip map without any problems, though. I've used mip maps created the same way with VRay in the past (same build if I recall - 1.47.03) and didn't have any issues.

I've tried turning off the blur in the map properties, changing filtering methods, disabling filtering (in mtl editor and global switches), and tons of different filtering methods from within the nvidia plugin. I even made a new mip map to where each level was solid gray (except for the top level), and apparently VRay is just reading the top level. The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is resolution. Right now the resolution of the map is 620x380, which is a multiple of 4 (required by mip maps) but not a power of 4.

Has anyone run into anything similar, or know of any criteria a mip map needs to meet to be VRay friendly? I'm at a loss
    Austin Watts
    Render Media

Blurring more than 20,000 cars since May, 2001.

Maybe examples will help.

VRay:

Max:

These were both with the Area aa filter. Any ideas?
    Austin Watts
    Render Media

Blurring more than 20,000 cars since May, 2001.

Comment

Working...
    X