Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does CAT have any problems with vray (and vica versa)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does CAT have any problems with vray (and vica versa)?

I have a project running atm, with 3 characters in each shot. They have been riged with CAT 2 (now 2.11). I am now experiencing crashes on every render. If i render with Qmc primary and LC as secondary, max just closes, but with Imap for primary and Qmc for secondary, I at least get an error message. Was just wondering if anyone else has any experiences with CAT2.
    Otherwise I'll have to send the really large file to vlado for checking.

Here is the log file if that makes any sense to anyone: Click
    Signing out,
    Christian

trixian, i just rendered out an animation this morning with Cat 2.11 and vray with no problems.

I will post up the animation in the image uploads soon
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

@ trixian

Could be strange to say, but ... have You tried reinstalling CAT on clear...?

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

i dont see what problems CAT could have with vray though. its an animation too and wouldnt have anything to do with vray since its not a light or a material or anything else that has to do with rendering. only think i can think of is if your using motion blur and cat has some sort of screwed up animation method

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Well....seems it was a bad case of max-excrement buildup in the files. After a thourough cleanup and re-merging into empty scenes, the problem went away.
          As for cat, it is a seriously buggy piece of plugin.
          We are not able to xref in our characters in the scenes, they need to be merged (and no, no nodes share names or anything).
          Cat crashes every other blink, and if you press the wrong button in the error window, it corrupts your file, even if you don't save, wich I found hard to believe at first, but after repeated tests it is obviously the case.
          Oh well...'nuff ranting about cat.
          Signing out,
          Christian

Comment

trixian, I havent never had any problems with CAT.
            If you are having issues with it you should contact CAT directly.
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
            X