Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

License problem (All licenses are engaged.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License problem (All licenses are engaged.)

I'm having license troubles. my workstation is always saying that 'All of the VRay licenses are engaged.' On the license server itself, it is showing that my ip is connecting initially on port *varies*, New connection. then on the same port in the same time stamp is a 'Closed connection.'

We have 6 licenses on one machine, and i still had a local license on my old workstation from when i was doing beta testing, and its reporting the same error trying to connect to both license servers (on separate machines) My workstation is currently the only one with this problem, and it just started this week.

I Recall seeing threads about this instant closing of connection but did not find a solution. I've disabled windows firewall, and dont have another software one installed, I do have a route to the server (route enough to VNC to it at least!). I've also rebooted the license server (to be sure that the lic's aren't in use.. and that didn't help.). and re-installed vray locally.

What can I do?!

Only reply from emailing Chaos was for me to supply ICQ/MSN/Yahoo. (Buttons below) after which is nothing for another 6 hours This is day two of not being able to render.
    Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

make sure you dont have NOD32 on yor systems

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I had the same thing after I installed some other version and went back to the old one. Removing all related files, including /common files/chaosgroup, and reinstalling with the right license information was the only thing that helped !!! (BTW: no NOD32 virus scanner on involved systems)

Comment

only have symantec corp av on.. which doesn't do anything for network connectivity.

I've tried that reinstalling, and also i've 'beyond compared' the directories on the different workstations (functional vray install vs my vray install) they look the same in size/timestamp/binary comparison!

thanks for the try though

Comment

Have you installed any new software on your computer recently?

Comment

Originally posted by dbuchhofer
            ...and also i've 'beyond compared' the directories...
            "Program Files\Common Files\Chaosgroup" too ?

Comment

yea all thats in there is the ini file detailing the license server and port

Comment

Originally posted by dbuchhofer
                yea all thats in there is the ini file detailing the license server and port
                On the server VRFLServer.ini holds the license and could become corrupted...

Comment

i'll peek into that, but the thing is all the other 5 workstations can connect and retrieve licenses with no problems.

I dont recall installing anything new lately I'm sure i f'd it up somehow, but i'm running out of options to check heh!

/D

Comment

So.. This is really starting to be a problem here.

Still no reply from emails. Still no rendering being done

Comment

Have you got full access permisions from the network slaves to the client machine ?

Best regards,
                      nikki Candelero
                      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Also, do you have any firewalls installed on any of the client or server machines? You said that you have an AV program, just for a test, try switching it off.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

And last but not least the VERY obvious: if the license server has XP Home (or s.th. similar)on it, not more then 4 requests for licenses from other machines are possible !!!

Comment

the server has been working for the past eon or so, and still works fine on other stations i had to have screwed something up here.

No firewalls internally. connected to the same hub.

Same error trying to use Max7 and Max8

Server machine running win2k, but it shouldn't be the connection limit issue as i get the same error trying to connect to my older workstations vrlserver, and i'm the only one connecting into that.

I'm actually not able to shut off the AV without some major IT hassles, so that will take a while to try heh. but again, same exact setup as the other 5 workstations with same permissions.

Would it be much to try installing the vrlserver onto the workstation? I'm just sort of at a loss for what else it could be.

Comment

As for things installed recently:

Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (October 2005)
                              Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5
                              AIM

thats about it

Comment

Working...
                              X