Saving VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving VFB

I rendered an image at about 4960x3507pixels and seem to be unable to save the VFB to disk. I've tried various formats as weel as locations on the disc, but ended zooming in at about 100% and screen capturing the pieces and stitching them together.

Anybody have ideas about this? Subsequent renders saved fine..
    Max 8 SP3
    V-Ray 1.5 SP2
    WinXP SP3
    Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
    2GB RAM

memory issue, it happened to me before. You have insufficient memory to perform the saving task. Call yourself lucky that you could print-screen and copy, because I had max crashed doing that.

On the other hand, I advise you to use vrimg for such resolutions and use the vrimg2exr to extract your rendering and not to use a memory VFB at those resolutions.
    You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

Ah .. I only managed to get Viz to crash after seriously zooming in and out in the VFB window. I have done bigger images without issue so I'm a bit surprised that it would be memory related, but it makes sense.

I checked the Task Manager to see if something went wrong, but I didn't check to see memory usage. On the 2GB RAM I've only gone up to 1.3GB during rendering....

Is the VFB kept in RAM or is it actually written to disk during rendering? I normally set the option in render settings to save to disk but it could be usefull if a temp image file is written of the VFB. Years ago Caligari Truespace had a temp image file written to disk that would get deleted once you exit the program. If it crashed then the temp image file would still be on disk.
      Max 8 SP3
      V-Ray 1.5 SP2
      WinXP SP3
      Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
      2GB RAM

Comment

On the milk ads I worked on, 1.3 gigs was the really unstable point for vray on machines with 2 gigs of ram - you might be better off with the windows xp 3gb switch and look at dynamic memory.

Comment

Been reading up on vrimg and it seems to work well. Open with RAM Player and save as standard format. I see the whole issue has been discussed ad infinitum....
          Max 8 SP3
          V-Ray 1.5 SP2
          WinXP SP3
          Dual Xeon 3.4GHz
          2GB RAM

Comment

Working...
          X