Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vrmap not loading on AMD's but good on Intels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrmap not loading on AMD's but good on Intels.

I am network rendering (Max8 Windows XP Pro)an animation and have rendered the first 170 frames no problem. I have 4 different vrmaps for 4 different segments of the animation. The first segment (170 frames) rendered without problem using a 100mb vrmap located on the local drive of all machines in the farm. I am now trying to render the next segment (1000 frames) which has a 300mb vrmap. The intel machines render no problem, but the AMD AthlonX2 machines simply will not render. Every time I get a message "ERR Task error: An unexpected exception has occurred in the network renderer and it is terminatin". These AMD computers are higher specification in every respect compared to some of the Intels. I was using Backburner 3 and uninstalled it and installed 2.3 instead - exactly same problem with the AMD's. I really need these two AMD computers up & running as they are the backbone of my mini-renderfarm ! Help please !

GADZOOKS 3GB switch was the solution. I wasnt concerned about that since the AMD's have two 2GB's of ram and two of the intels only have 1GB ram. I had a look in the vray log and it mentioned a memory problem so that was it ! Its Crazy that a machine with 2GB ram runs ot of memory while a mchine with 1 GB ram does not!
    Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

You might try locating the imaps on each computer localy and pathing them accordingly.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

I always path everything locally on each machine. My low-tech approach is to use the Synchronisation tool in Mijenix's Powerdesk to keep the various machines all up to date.
      3GB switch was the answer (had not been set on the AMD's)
      Win10.Ryzen1950X. 80GbRam. RTX3080.RTX2070.Sketchup 22.0.354.VRaySketchUp.6001. - NvidiaStudioDriver 527.37

Comment

cool, glad you got it sorted
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

Working...
        X