onyx trees and DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onyx trees and DR

Do onyx trees work with DR? I have the onyx DLL on each node. Rendering from each node, the trees render fine. Though, when using DR, the trees do not render from the render nodes. I tried copying all the trees locally to each render node instead of reading from the server...but did not help the problem. Firewall is off on the computers. Do not know what the problem is? Any help?!!?

are you using treestorm?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

i guess u r doing a still cause of dr, so try collapse it to mesh or convert to poly... should solve some issues with the nodes not finding the correct paths or plugins.

or u can turn it into a proxy and also make the file more efficient to render.

Comment

Hey Chris....I do not remember if I ever sent you that file with which I was having problems?!?! I have been busy with one thing after another! Yes...using Tree Storm. As for converting to mesh....then I will no longer be able to modify the trees, correct? Perhaps want to avoid this. As for proxies....with this I have problems with the materials....I lose them! I followed the help file saying that you must have sub-object materials....which I had....but I still seem to lose the materials! Guess I need more practice there!

Comment

no, you never did! i completely forgot about it too!
          collapsing to a mesh will help but it would be good not to have to do it.
          It sounds like there is a problem with the mapping of the drives that have the trees and proxies. Maybe check to see if everything is mapped properly
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Onyx works with DR for me...
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Did you have to do something special to get it working? Maybe I am having problems because I have xp 64 on one computer and xp on the others?

Comment

onyx and DR

okay so it's a year later, but I'm having the same problem, using vray 1.5, onyx tree and Max 8 and I can't get the DR to work. Any help?

Comment

are you using the treestorm plugin or have you converted the trees to 3ds?
                  Chris Jackson
                  Shiftmedia
                  www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Uh, I just realized this thread is a year old...

I have mixed xp64 and xp32 nodes and I've never had any issues.

You can try to convert to a mesh, but if you've created one or more sub-objects in the leaves (for more than one color, or for leaf mapping) you can't collapse it.

Also, not to sound remedial, but do you have the plugin installed on all nodes?
                    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Unfortunately I really do not remember what I ended up doing....but it works me now and I too am mixing XP with XP 64.

Comment

the idiot

okay it was my error. I reinstalled Onyx to make sure that the models existing on a network drive and not a local drive. all is well

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X