Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still having problems with different renders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still having problems with different renders.

Still got problems with different image qualities from different machines.
    Sometimes machine 1 and 2 produce the same image and 3,4 and 5 slightly brighter. Sometimes other combinations happen. Whats remaining constant is that there are rendered 2 different image qualities.

It does not matter how the different machines are involved. Get the same issue with backburner and DR.

Checked everything so many times - any guess what this could be?

A second one:
    What might be the best way to render a single 23622 x 15000 Pixel image?
    (a vray raw file is generated, but no way to open an 8Gig vrimg)
    www.3dpowerstore.de

Are you using the light cache and with what settings? Also, is there any relation to the processor types and the image brightness?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

There's also stuff like the gamma options set inside of max and possibly the windows location settings of the system - some people have mentioned that machines get very different results with any kind of random functions (like fractals or noise) if their regional options decimal option is different. It might be worth making your irmaps and lcmaps on one machine and then trying to render the sequence with gi loaded from file.

Comment

Make sure you have all the machines set identically due to this regional values - especially concernign the digital sign "." or ",".

If you have some objects which have different Cast/Receive GI form 1.0 , the machines which differ from the workstation may not read those values correct.

Best regards,
        nikki Candelero
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Thank you very much for that hints with the . and , problem. I will check that. This scene is fairly big dimensionwise and its also a big resolution (23622 x 15000 ) so i directly render with quasy montecarlo. And yes there are different send/receive values.

And Vlado - no it does not seem to have anything to do with prozessor types. there are a few identical machines which some times give the same results and sometimes not.
          Maybe you could make it possible to not only render directly into vrimg but also into other formats like tga or jpg?

When the project is done i will check with that scene. If the digital sign issue does not solve the problem i can also send the scene - but its not a spectacular setup.

We will right now completly switch to 64bit Opterons. Hopefully this kind of problems is gone than.
          www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

yes, that "." "," issue is really terrible. we had this with the aspect ratio size of the image...quite funny as we watched the finished animation ...but it took 1 day to find the error...

Comment

So many thanks to you all! That was the solution.

And Vlado, don't you think this should make it into the manual regarding DR and Backburner renderings with vray as warning?
              www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

Working...
              X