My Flickering dilema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Flickering dilema

Ok....Rendered out almost 1500 frames last night from 5:30pm to 6:30am (13 hours) using my new Server-Node Extravaganza...Thanx for all the help with everything......Now......My next problem....

First....When I rendered out to Tga files before......My background disapeared....What file format should I render out to...TIFF, TGA....and what settings for those files.....I rendered out to High Res Jpegs.....

Second....I am getting massive flickering...In the grass.....Building.....etc.....
    Here are the settings I used.......

I know I read Morbid talking about using adapt sub instead of QMC.
    Any settings you can provide are really appreciated......

I know I read Morbid talking about using adapt sub instead of QMC.
    Any settings you can provide are really appreciated......
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Your adaptive amount for the qmc is very high also for a flythrough animation you need to use saved imaps or very high settings.
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Well...I did not have time to PRECALC....I thought I was doing the same thing thing......Instead of me precalcing every nth frame and dont render final image and then save out to a ir map....I just used single frame and calced every frame....Isnt that the same.....?? I really do not know.....

Any changes you can provide are helpful....Thanx

Eric
      Eric Camper
      Studio 3D
      www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Your IR (-5/-4) is very low for that.

Best regards,
        nikki Candelero
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Ohh...So I could do very high and do that or do lower settings and save precalc and then re use it......

I was going to change the following....

Change from QMC to Adapt Sub......what should those settings be?
          Should I change from Catmull Rom to Quadratic?

Change the IR settings to something higher.... -3 1

Any others??

Thanx guys....
          Eric Camper
          Studio 3D
          www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Have a look in the help-file of Vray. There you will find a great tutorial wich descibes the work around for fly-through animation with GI.

That might help!

Comment

As a side-note, you may want to upgrade your version of Vray too to 1.47.09 - not sure if that helps in this particular problem.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

are there still the issues with bitmaps missing .......That was the problem I had before...

I just tried to render the GI solution for 1800 frames....every 10th frame and it was going to take my computer 75 hours to complete...I do not have that kind of time.....Can I render the solution over the network nodes? Thanx and for this exterior flyby....should I be using light cache for my secondary

Here is link to my sample clip movie

http://www.dbfinc.com/studio3d/pics/wawa-sample.avi
                Eric Camper
                Studio 3D
                www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

you can use your renderfarm to compute your ir map

see this thread for details

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ghlight=#64878

hope this can help you
                  not sure but
                  i think for your mooving car this it not a problem to use incremental ad to curent map

Comment

Ahhh....Ok........so for the 1800 frames I have....is Every 20 ok........I have 30 nodes now.........I was going to send the frames....and render at Ir -3 and -2....that is two passes and frankly all I have time for probably...Is that going to be ok.......

Incremental add to currect map and save each individual ir map......then merge in imapviewer.....Then do my thing.......trying to render out this so I can get in done over the weekend...BUT...we shall see.....
                    Eric Camper
                    Studio 3D
                    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

your background is probably still there, but tga has the abblity to store alpha's. If you insert then in AE for instance the alpha is standard set to tranparant. Try to set it to ignore the alpha.
                      Tga is good for animations, you can also try png or exr.
                      jpeg is not good because it compresses the data based on on single image, but you have series of immages...
                      maybe this solves your missing background mistery.

Comment

and if your using PhotoShop I think there is a setting to show it or not, not sure what it is though. There was a patch for PS6 +/- that opended a tga with an alpha instead of transparancy
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

also you will notice that in your avi your background doesnt move. Thats because you have it set to screen mapping.. change it to spherical or something then it will move properly. but you may then need a bigger 360 degree map.

Comment

Ok...I turned on Adapt Sub and crashed due to memory....Hmmmm....Not sure what to do boys....Will changing my settings in IR to higher settings fix the flicker? Thanx all...I will be at it all weekend...So feel free to chime in....
                            MY Yahoo id is eric_camper...just in case you want to say hi....hehe....and My Xbox Live GamerTag is Solid Firebat Just in case you want to get a little Call of Duty 2 for the 360 going lol...Thanx

Eric[/b]
                            Eric Camper
                            Studio 3D
                            www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

Comment

Working...
                            X