Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really bizarre : Light overshoot, no shadows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really bizarre : Light overshoot, no shadows?

Just spent a few hours trying to work out why light was leaking like a beast into the back end of an interior scene. Thought it might have been GI settings, lightcache, area light settings, bad mesh..... everything.... Then tried switching off overshoot on the direct light providing the sun, and it fixed the problem.

Is this a property of overshoot that I wasn't aware of, ie that there is now shadowcasting outside the lightcone if overshoot is switched on ?.... or is this a bug.
    Many Thanks
    Patrick

Re: Really bizarre : Light overshoot, no shadows?

Originally posted by RE:FORM_STUDIOS
    Just spent a few hours trying to work out why light was leaking like a beast into the back end of an interior scene. Thought it might have been GI settings, lightcache, area light settings, bad mesh..... everything.... Then tried switching off overshoot on the direct light providing the sun, and it fixed the problem.

Is this a property of overshoot that I wasn't aware of, ie that there is now shadowcasting outside the lightcone if overshoot is switched on ?.... or is this a bug.
    Overshoot works something like adding ambient light outside the cone. No shadows there, that is how it works.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

dang.... wish I realised that earlier!
      Many Thanks
      Patrick

Comment

actually its more like ambient light which comes from all directions its simply the direct light without shadows.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
        X