Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray proxies and missing textures.

Hi All,

I've exported a bunch of trees as a vrmesh, but when I import it again none of the textures are there. Is this normal?

normally what i do is in my library ive got a fle which is the editable poly of my object. then i click to create vray mesh and use the auto import function. this will import it and apply the material right away. then i save this as eg: "tree01proxy.max"
    ill them merge that proxy into my other scenes

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Ah okay cool! So what I could do is export as multiple meshes so I can apply the textures to each tree individually? Do you export as one big mesh or multiple?

Uh that wouldn't work, i'd have to import hundreds of trees. Ugh. In the past I rendered the trees as a seperate pass and composited them after. I adjusted the alpha contribution. My only problem was that when I came to render the buildings, and rest of the environment, the trees weren't reflected in the glass. I couldn't see a way around this if I were rendering the trees seperate, unless anyone else has any idea how to do it?

So that is why I'm trying vray proxy objects becuase my scene is too large to render at the moment.

Comment

I think I figured it. For each seperate tree type I'm going to export all the trees and it seems to work just applying the texture to the whole lot.

Comment

ive never tried merging an entire forest into 1 single proxie object. normally ill start my projects by doing the landscape. importing the proxy objects from my library that ill need then distribute them around the scene. i dont do any proxy conversions in my scene at all. all my conversions are done already and in a library. and when ever i get a new model i think would work well as a proxy ill setup files for those as well in my library

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
          X