Clear All

• what's happening here, then?

Vray 1.46.15
    Irr map
    Light Cach

This is a blend material -
    1.silver/grey main colour
    2. Dark grey joints colour
    Mask. map of line devisions (copy used in bump map of each material too)

So why are the lines missing in areas that correspond to the rendering buckets?

Two things... your immediate issue is that you need to change your AA. My suggestion is to use QMC method, avoid the subdivision method when you have fine lines and high detailed textures. The default values of 1,4 should be good enough.

Next... dude... upgrade your Vray, this has nothing to do with your issue, but man, that version is old. The most current version is 1.47.03

Comment

do you use dr??? if this is the case check maps paths.

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
        Two things... your immediate issue is that you need to change your AA. My suggestion is to use QMC method, avoid the subdivision method when you have fine lines and high detailed textures. The default values of 1,4 should be good enough.

Next... dude... upgrade your Vray, this has nothing to do with your issue, but man, that version is old. The most current version is 1.47.03
        Thanks Chris.

Changed AA as you suggested...sorted!

unfortunatley, I have just bought Vray and had to ask for this version because, yes, you guessed it, I'm using Viz 6...which as you know has a known issue with missing maps with 1.47.

Comment

Working...
        X