Batch Rendering and Render Presets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Rendering and Render Presets

I'm Having major problems rendering a very large scene using render presets and batch rendering. All is fine when I'm not including a Render Preset in the batch rendering rollouts but as soon as I add a preset it crashes and corrupts the file.

Does anyone know if this a problem with compatibility between max 8 SP2 and Vray or just a bug in Max 8 which SP2 hasn't resolved?

thanks

Sany

I'll have to check this, but I know there was a bug in the Render Presets in 3dsmax 8 that caused crashes sometimes - not only with V-Ray but with any renderer. This was supposedly fixed in sp2, but it may have resurfaced elsewhere. Can you describe the exact steps to reproduce the crash?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado,

The steps I take are as follows:

Open Scene and open Batch rendering, create a new Render entry and choose a view an scene state and an output path and check net render it renders fine. However if I open the scene again and do the same steps as above but also choose a render preset be it with Vray or with scanline and submit to net render. The net render dialogue box comes up but instead of saving the scene (which normally takes ages as its over 100mb) it straight away comes back to max or I get a could not save scene, try again?

If I try to render it locally through batch render it just crashes max and says that the file is corrupted when trying to recover it.

However if I try to render through BB with render presets directly from the render dialogue box without the use of Batch render it also renders fine.

Unfortunately this isn't the easiest scene to try to get to the root of the problem with as it contain particles, hair, cloth, character animation and Vrayspherefade gizmo.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if I'm missing anything.

Cheers

Sany

Comment

It would be probably easy to test all those steps with a simplier scene.
        As you said there are lots of non-VRay stuff, which may somehow cause the problems.

Best regards,
        nikki Candelero
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

I agree, the problem is that as expected a much simpler scene renders absolutelly fine any which way I try, which doesn't help me much.

Comment

Working...
          X