Vray 1.5 - everything is white! - SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 1.5 - everything is white! - SOLVED

Just got 1.5 from you all at SIGGRAPH, and am now testing it out.

However... when I try a scene, the lighting is completely blown out - meaning... I have to dial it down to insane low levels (doesn't always work) to get it to render.

FYI : I am playing with the new sun and sky.

Also... I have the sky in the environment map area, yet it does not show up in the rendering.

That's actually expected behaviour unless you use the VrayCamera and use real world values for Shutter/exposure etc.

Regards,
    Thorsten

Comment

remember that the sun and sky are using high multiplier numbers because in reality sun and sky are really bright. put in a vray camera and let the camera exposure control how bright the scene is.

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Gotcha.

Somehow I missed that during the demo at SIGGRAPH.

Is there any option in the future for an automatic exposure control? Max has one already, but maybe one in Vray?

Comment

Or you can just lower the sun multiplier values to really low and use the regular cameras.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Or color mapping with low multipliers.
            I just can't seem to trust myself
            So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
            ---------------------------------------------------------
            CG Artist

Comment

I seem to be getting the hang of it now.

One last question :

Any plan to integrate the location/day-month-year aspect of the Max Sun?
              I use this CONSTANTLY for stills and animations!

Comment

you could always align then link the vray suns nodes to the max suns nodes. and keep the max sun turned off

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I've found (using the linear workflow, by the way) that if you create a sun/sky system and use the gamma correction color mapping (with 'inverse gamma' set to .454) and then play around with the physical shutter speed and f-stop you can get good sun/sky images.

In the sample I did, I created the default sun/sky system, and had the f-number set to 10, and the shutter speed set to 120. The objects are the new Vrayblendmtl with a diffuse layer, reflect layer, and a glossy fresnel layer.

Comment

Working...
                  X