Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VrayPhysicalCamera with Sun/Sky and HDR Refl Ovveride...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayPhysicalCamera with Sun/Sky and HDR Refl Ovveride...

I don't know if this is how it's supposed to work, but:

I'm using the physical sky feature as the GI override material, and trying to use an HDRI as a reflection override material. I understand with the physical camera you're actually adjusting the exposure of the image, so you need to increase the multiplier on the HDRI to get it to match the exposure.

I've found, though, that you have to adjust the multiplier in the VrayHDRI material slot (in my test, setting the multiplier to 100 works) and leave the multiplier in the reflection override slot at 1. This makes it appear fine as both the reflection enviro and the background image.

But, for some reason if I do the opposite and adjust the multiplier in the Relfection Override slot (to 100) and leave the VrayHDRI material multiplier at 1, it seems to have no effect on the brightness/exposure of reflections.

Is this how the multipliers are supposed to work? There's no real work around, you just have to remember to use the multiplier in the VrayHDRI material and not the one in the override slot.

If you mean the reflection evnironment override in the Render Scene dialog, then the multiplier there is only for the color swatch - it will not affect the environment texture at all. This is how it has always worked...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
      If you mean the reflection evnironment override in the Render Scene dialog, then the multiplier there is only for the color swatch - it will not affect the environment texture at all. This is how it has always worked...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      Hmmm that explains a few things...

I assume the same goes for the skylight spinner? it wouldnt affect a HDRI in its slot either?

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
        Originally posted by vlado

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Hmmm that explains a few things...

I assume the same goes for the skylight spinner? it wouldnt affect a HDRI in its slot either?
        That's correct, it will not affect the hdri map.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
          X