No Alpha with Pflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Alpha with Pflow

It was working fine yesterday, but suddenly this morning I am not able to get an alpha channel when using PFlow and VRay.

I have double, tripple, and quadruple checked to make sure the VRay properties were in order on the particles and their emitters. There are no Matte materials anywhere in the scene. With the Max scanline renderer the particles alphas render just fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this, or know of something that I might be overlooking?

Thanks
    - Geoff

Did you check the V-Ray object properties for any Matte settings there (you can make an object matte without a VRayMtlWrapper too)?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok, I think I found the problem:

For some reason a PFlow doesn't care what the visibility settings of your layers are. If the layer that your PFlow system is on is turned off but you have it visible in the viewport then funny things start to happen.

- Geoff
      - Geoff

Comment

Ok, good to know it's resolved now.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i had an issue with particles with visability as well. seemed if you set them not to be visable to camera they just acted as a matte and showed right to the background image/color

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

good to know this is fixed, nice one vlado!
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
            X