RC2 VRLService Autostart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC2 VRLService Autostart

I installed the VRLService as a registered service (set to automatic.) Upon reboot, the service is not automatically started. Is there a way to get this service to autostart upon boot?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Yep, right-click on "My Computer", choose "Manage", then open "Services and Applications", click on "Services"; in the right panel find VRLService; right-click on that and select "Properties", for "Start-up type" select "Automatic". I'll try to change this to be automatically when the service is registered.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlados method is better but you could also make a shortcut to the vrlserver and put it into the startup folder of your start menu.

Comment

Yeah - I have that currently as a startup item. I'm thinking as a service, it takes up a little less memory and doesn't appear in the taskbar.
        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Plus it will start up with windows and doesn't require the user to login

I know with 1.49 you had to set the service login account - otherwise it wouldn't be able to start Viz. You can do that in the same place as where you set it to Automatic. Just set the username/password to the account that you normally use.

-- DJ

Comment

Working...
          X