DR fails with Physical camera and minor DR bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR fails with Physical camera and minor DR bug

Problem #1: I've got DR running with 1.5 and as long as I render a simple scene it's fine. I started adding a physical camera and suddenly the spawner failed on the other machines. It doesn't matter if the image being render is looking through that camera or not, if it's in the scene it fails. Same scene without the camera but with a VRay Sun and Sky render fine too.

Problem #2 (Small): When rendering using DR and the normal Max/Viz Render Window, the names of all of the buckets don't show up on my local machine. I've got a dual 270 so I should have four buckets plus whatevers going on on other DR servers. During the Irr. Map phase (not the final rendering phase) it starts out showing the four buckets but as the first four finish the white box around each bucket drops away and only one bucket is shown with the box and label. The other buckets are being worked on (you can see the irr. map updating), they just don't have a label. Once it gets to the final rendering stage everything returns to normal. If you render using the Vray VFB everything seems fine.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Stupid question:

Did you install 1.5 on all the rendernodes as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynedain
      Stupid question:

Did you install 1.5 on all the rendernodes as well?
      Yeah, of course. Like I said, the DR renders work out fine with VRay Sun and Vray Sky lighting the scene. It fails as soon as I add a phys. camera to the scene.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Re: DR fails with Physical camera and minor DR bug

Originally posted by dlparisi
        Problem #1: I've got DR running with 1.5 and as long as I render a simple scene it's fine. I started adding a physical camera and suddenly the spawner failed on the other machines. It doesn't matter if the image being render is looking through that camera or not, if it's in the scene it fails. Same scene without the camera but with a VRay Sun and Sky render fine too.
        Thanks for the pointer; will look at this - it's probably related to your crashing problems in general.

Problem #2 (Small): When rendering using DR and the normal Max/Viz Render Window, the names of all of the buckets don't show up on my local machine. I've got a dual 270 so I should have four buckets plus whatevers going on on other DR servers. During the Irr. Map phase (not the final rendering phase) it starts out showing the four buckets but as the first four finish the white box around each bucket drops away and only one bucket is shown with the box and label. The other buckets are being worked on (you can see the irr. map updating), they just don't have a label. Once it gets to the final rendering stage everything returns to normal. If you render using the Vray VFB everything seems fine.
        This is normal. The irradiance map preview overwrites the local server bucket borders. There is no easy way to fix this though.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado: Just to clarify with my other problem of the VRay VFB crashing... The machine where I am having the trouble with Viz crashing out of the VFB is the machine which is sending the DR buckets (the manager if you will). The renderslave is a laptop that doesn't want to render when I add the physical camera.

BTW, other than this the DR does seem more stable, I can cancel and send renderings without any problems !

Comment

Working...
          X