Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glass/VRayPhysicalCamera

Hi-
    I've looked around the forums, but havn't found anything about this. If I use glass material on, say, a window, and use VRayPhysicalCamera, the window is no longer transparent, I mean really opaque. It's an interior shot. With a standard camera (Max 8.0,) everything is OK. I have vray sky/sun active. I'm sure it's probably something I've just overlooked. I'm also using 1.5 2.

please posts your scene for us to look at.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

glass/VRayPhysicalCamera

sorry, can't. Apparently there's nowhere to upload to.....am forwardfing pics to your email. thanx

Comment

I have used glass quite often without any problems.
        I would say its something funny in your settings but hard to say without seeing some renders.

Also you can upload images to www.imageshack.us and files to www.rapidshare.de

Comment

Thanks for sending me the scene. I found the problem. You are overriding the environment with the VraySky which is fine. You also have a separate .jpg for the Max Environment. Just because you override the Max Environment, it still means that whatever is in the main Max Environment there will still show background-wise.

If you want a picture in the background, I recommend positioning a plane near the windows with your bitmap/picture on that. If you are using the Vray Physical Camera, you will probably want to use a Vray Light Material with the bitmap in that. You will also want your multiplier very high - ~200-400.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X