Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributet rendering wrong buckets

Hello,

I am new to vray, so please exuse if I cannot use the right terms. I think my problem is easy to solve if I know how to express it

I am trying to render a single frame with distributed rendering.
    I am using the scene imap1_start.max from the turorials (http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...ials_imap1.htm). Mainly because I didn't get such a setup working from scratch .

If I use distributed rendering it looks like this:

The wrong buckets show another scene with objects I placed in imap1_start.max.

Now I restarted the spawner on the slave machine and everything renders fine.

Is it possible to render scene this way?
    Do I have to read the manuals ?

Georg[/img]
    In Polygongewittern - Industrial Parametrisation of the World
    http://www.preset.de/
    http://www.count-as-one.net/

This can happen sometimes - for whatever reason the slave machine may not load the new scene correctly. I am not sure if this is a 3dsmax problem or a V-Ray problem.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

aha. Thank you.
      Maybe it is a network problem.
      Before rearranging the slave and workstation, I think I remember it worked.

Georg
      In Polygongewittern - Industrial Parametrisation of the World
      http://www.preset.de/
      http://www.count-as-one.net/

Comment

i get this all the time with RC2.
        I think it is probably a network problem, but as a work around i find that if i send a render, stop it, and sent it again, it seems to work ok. Otherwise, some of the render nodes seem to render the previous scene rather than the one i have submitted.

I thought it might be the computers having problems unloading the scene as quick as i was submitting renders, but i've noticed this has happened over many hours - i.e. i submitted a render the day before, left work, came in the next day, submitted a new render, and the nodes rendered the scene from the day before!

It would be good to have a 'clear cache' option or 'reset all servers' or something - a bit like the clear history command gc().....perhaps.....

Comment

Same issue

I have discovered the same issue. The first rendering was 640X480, and the image below was at 320X240, but the DR seemed to remember the first resolution, and only rendered 3 buckets properly. I will try to restart my computer and see if that does anything.

Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

After rebooting it seems like DR works properly. Perhaps there is something in memory that gets stuck, and a reboot will clear the temporary memory.
            Ramy Hanna

TILTPIXEL

Comment

I think this has happened to me on a render cancel with DR, especially if you're loading in a saved LC, or IRmap solution.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

We find by the end of the day our systems and network is pretty tired and these errors often happen, so to overcome any problems the whole network is shut down for a lunch break..
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

we are having the same problem here just started from yesterday (oct 31) on both RC2 and RC3 version.

The only problem we think is caused by installing Autocad 2007. However, the problem still exist even though all Autodesk & Vray in our machines being cleared (all folders and registry entry have been deleted) and fresh install, and still the same after system restore to early date.

here the images:

1) no map was used in this scene
                  2) 3dsmax are fresh install with only vray installed, no extra plug-in.
                  3) irradience is set to "single frame mode"
                  4) all systems and network have been restart.
                  5) only 1 - 2 times we can get the right result. so that is not the problem of our scene because we also tested with other scene that has no problem.

Comment

The same problem here...

Comment

same here.... is there possible to have one fix for this issue? its terrible when we send one render for the whole night and in the other day, realize that we loose time and still have to explain to the client that the software sometimes works and sometimes not... its just a mater of lucky...
                      natal - brazil

Comment

In newer versions, if you use the "Check for missing maps" option, render slaves will refuse to render if they cannot load some texture/irradiance map/proxy file etc.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i 've solve the problem vlado. once more it was a path related issue. i guess this is the most dificult point to adjust, after we have all computers seted up , everything can works fine, but until there its a long distance. i just copy all the maps i have ins everal folders to just one . the only thing who cant works this was are the proxies taht isntead of that need to be copied one by one machine , i tried to set only one unc path for that but it didnt worked out. anyway, now after the whole weekend i got the file tuned up.

regards
                          Silverio
                          natal - brazil

Comment

Working...
                          X