Warning message list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning message list?

Does anybody have a list of the warning messages and what they actually mean?

I got a new one today - "memory heap is reported damaged"

Its in a scene ive been having an unbelievable amount of problems with, another being that my sun light has dissapeared and become unselectable yet it still renders. I cant even select it to delete it and start over, its just locked and stuck in my scene. Something else ive been having issues with is max crashing when I open the (11mb) scene, sometimes up to 10 times in a row before actually letting me open it. I cant think of a single aspect of max this pushes to the limit, its one of the most basic models ive ever made.

Are they related? How would I go about fixing it?

So far the only case where I've come across a situation that generates this message is if you use the Electric Noise plugin from the blur pack. Said plugin can also lead to general instability in 3dsmax. Not sure if this is your case though. In general it happens because some program code has bugs in it... but it's typically very hard to figure out which piece of code exactly.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is it safe to ignore, or will it start breaking things later on?

The most exciting things I have in the scene are a dodgy vraydirt and a physical camera, everything else is incredibly basic.

Comment

If you can do that, it would be best if you can send me a copy of the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com for investigation; otherwise it's hard to say what may be causing it and if it safe to ignore the message.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Unfortunatly i'm not able to, but i'll have a go at reproducing/reverse engineering it when I get time.

Comment

I have had this warning on most (if not all) of the scenes I have done in 1.5, I was thinking that the warning was broken. I'll have to look a little closer at why, I guess.
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

I get this message too on all my scenes.
              I have come to the conclusion that it doesnt affect anything, so far
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

encountered that message too some days ago, the problem in my case was an imported model with a lot of groups in it...

Comment

Working...
                X