spawner can't turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spawner can't turn off

I can't turn spawner off. When I go to the task manager and end task itcomes right back. it's eating up a more virtual memory than I would like after it's done with a rendering. I want to be able to reset it to bring the resources used down.

the only way I'm able to do this now is to shut the computer off.

useing wind xp 64 srvc pack 2, 4gb ram, 3ds max and vray 1.5
    res3d

The spawner? Turn if off in the lower right hand corner where the icon is - then hit exit.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

you cant always do that juju when you have 15 render slaves all running DR.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

A batch script to start up and then kill the DR spawners would be great
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

do you have spawner running as a service?
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

we dont actually, will that make a difference?
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

spawner can't turn off

One thing \I realized is that I don't need to me running spawner on the main machiene or the desktop, only on the nodes. this saves on resources on the main.
            res3d

Comment

you cant always do that juju when you have 15 render slaves all running DR.
              True. I didn't read anywhere that he said he had 15 computers and this was a problem across all of them. However, I have no problems switching off 10 - 'exit exit exit...' Takes all of a minute tops.
              LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
              HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
              Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

I remote into the 8-10 machines that I use for DR at work and kill them that way. Of course I am also usually starting Backburner server on them.
                But it doesnt take very long. A script would be kind of nice though.
                http://mikebracken.cgsociety.org/gallery/

Comment

Script???

Anyone find or write a script for this yet??? Turning off the Server and turn ON the Spawner?? It does get to be a PITA when dealing with numerous slaves. Thought I saw a post a while ago that someone had made a script for this? If not I will see if our programmer can whip one up!

Thanx in advance,

Comment

If you run the spawner as a service, it's easy to turn it on/off remotely with the built in Windows service management.

Also, Vsai and I have put togethor a nice control tool for managing VRay on a farm... (mostly Vsai, I just did interface styling for the most part).

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=10960

Comment

Dynedin, thanks for that. We have been looking for a method of controlling DR spawners on our farm.
                      Chris Jackson
                      Shiftmedia
                      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Working...
                      X