errors using the Vray preset manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• errors using the Vray preset manager

Am using the VRay preset manager (http://plugins.angstraum.at/vraypm/index.htm) in Max 8 and seem to be running into problems, my sceen is setup for a Vray render but I cant save the settings as a preset, i get the message "Unable to create preset becasue Vray isnt active in the chosen renderer slot" I would image that error to appear it I was using scanline, but I am not. Anyone else run into this.

Is there another preset manager out there or have I missed the fact the RC1.5 can do it????
    I know it s not a Vray specific prob more likely a script prob, didnt knwo where else to post this.

Thanks a mill
    Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

It works OK here.
    Make sure you first type any name for the preset, before hitting Save.

Otherwise you can use the MAX preset save as well.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

forgot to mention that I had no problems with it in previous versions, worked a treat. (

Tom
      Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Comment

Same problem here with this script (version 1.1). Like it does not recognize Vray 1.5 is actually assigned as my production renderer ... !?!

I will try to see if Max 8 standard preset manager works for Vray as suggested by Candelero. Thanks!
        Lars Bjorstrup
        http://www.xlars.dk
        Vray 1.5 Advanced R3, 3ds max 8 SP3, Win XP2, 2 x Dual Intel Xeon 2.66GHz, 2Gb RAM, 3DLabs Wildcat VP990 Pro 512Mb

Comment

i just tried using the preset tool. seems to work pretty well, but for some reason it won't store my image sampling setup. anyone else have this problem or better yet, a solution? i'm still on v1.47.03

thanks

Comment

oops. nevermind. it does appear to be working now. i think maybe i have to close the render dialogue window and re-open it?...whatever, as long as it works...

Comment

There's an issue with the render dialog open.
              The maxscript help specifies it HAS to be closed for changes to it to be preserved.
              Odd as it may be, it works only if it's closed.
              Standard max presets work a treat (i use them in my physcam exposure script), and encompass each and every vray setting with no apparent issue.

Lele

Comment

the render preset manager probably doesn't work well with vray 1.5.

i will try to update it for the new version, when i got more time...in 2 weeks maybe...
                Marc Lorenz
                ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                www.marclorenz.com
                www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

plastic_

I found what was causing the error and fixed it myself to get it working with 1.5, hope you don't mind. When you detect if vray in set to active renderer, you check to see if "VRay"!=undefined. I changed this to read "V_Ray"!=undefined and it worked fine. Might save you some time in releasing an official update.

I also found out why the AA filter wasn't working and corrected that also. If you want I can send you my .ms file so you can fix my 'hack code' in the official update as well : )

Comment

Working...
                  X