aliased hotspots from vray lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aliased hotspots from vray lights?

I've noticed if a VRay light is visible in the camera, or if a light hits something too hot, a kind of glitch appears even if clamp colors is on. For example the highlights in the car's headlights in this image:

http://www.trinity3d.com/ebay/corvette_test01.jpg

(high res - 500kb)

This was lit with VRay Sun and I saw the other thread about white dots, but I was wondering about the aliasing also. When I used a VRay dome light and let it be visible in the scene, it seems to wig out vray in the scene.

thanks for any tips on this -

Jim
    ---------
    Jim Lammers
    Trinity Animation, Inc.
    www.trinity3d.com

Have you got sub-pixel mapping checked as well?

Dan
    Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew
      Have you got sub-pixel mapping checked as well?

Dan
      I will check that and re-render, thanks for the note. The manual doesn't really mention this issue in the section on Sub-pixel mapping, but reading around the forum it seems that is the main thing it takes care of.
      ---------
      Jim Lammers
      Trinity Animation, Inc.
      www.trinity3d.com

Comment

If you hadn't got it checked then I think that will cure the black line around the highlights. There is something about this in the manual somewhere under migration to 1.5 I think.

Dan
        Dan Brew

Comment

another problem could be your imagefiltering. If you´re using any of the filters that have negative values in their filtercurve (sharpening filters like catmull rom) then the extremly bright spots caused by a sun highlight will cause trouble. Try switching to Area to test.

Regards,
          Thorsten

Comment

Working...
          X