Big Fat Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fat Bug

I have been having this problem for a couple of weeks - I thought I had nailed is origin but it reared it's ugly head again today - I think I know now what it is being caused by.

I have tested using the following set-up's:

Max 7.5 / Max 8 & Vray 1.47.03
    Max 7.5 & Vray 1.5

If you are using Frame Stamp and your text is larger then the extents of the frame ( will get clipped at edges) and Full width is not checked - then max will crash on render end.
    It does not seem to be effected by which Justify setting you are using as long as the text is bigger then the width of your frame & used Full width is off then max will hang for a second after it has rendered the frame and then crash.

I would like somebody else to test this with for me, if they have time - but I am pretty sure that I have identified a bug. I hope this saves somebody else the heartache I've been going through with this.

MAX 8, SP3, VRay 1.5

No probs at all !

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

just tried as well and no crash

Max 8.3 Vray 1.5rc2
      and I tried in max 9 with no probs
      Chris Jackson
      Shiftmedia
      www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

MAX 8 VRay 1.5

no crash

Dieter
        --------
        visit my developer blog

Comment

I was not able to reproduce this here either, but if you have a scene that crashes consistently for you, please send it to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can check if it is not something specific for that scene.

[EDIT] Actually I got it to crash with "Center" justify. Will make sure it's corrected for the next RC.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I'm not going crazy

Thanks Vlado - I thought I was going crazy when nobody else found the same issue - it does seem dependent somehow on the justify center setting.
            Although yesterday I was getting the crash across all the justify settings - left, center and right. I think there is some other dependency here I am missing, once you start having the problem - it migrats across the other justify settings, that probably makes no sense but that is what I found was happening.

Thanks as always for your help - I hope this will save somebody a couple of hours of heartache.

Comment

Found the problem, it's strange that no-one found it for such a long time before It is corrected now for the next RC.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great

Great - I only really noticed it when I started working with Vray on my home system - I thought it was an 8 thing, I found it so puzzling that I had never noticed it in 7.

Comment

Working...
                X