No announcement yet.

1.5 crashing Max, sometimes computer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 crashing Max, sometimes computer...

Hi all,
    yesterday I spoke on the phone to Vlado who helped me in how to install 1.5 and how to use patch I got via email from Chaos Group, thanks Vlado, you are very professional

I will incaridge all 1.47 users to upgrade, it is very good; but unfortunately, my Max, sometimes whole computer crashes, not always but say 80% of the time. I got Max 7, Intel P4 3GHz dual core, 2Gb RAM, ram usahe doesn't excide 820Mb at any time. Usually crashes after all calculations are done, and when it starts rendering, maybe after 2-3 minutes after starts to actually render. If I make glass Vray material, reflection/refraction in that case crashes almost 100% of the time. Strange thing happend, if I open scene I created with version 1.47 doesn't necessary crash, sometimes it renders fully.

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Srdjan

Re: 1.5 crashing Max sometimes computer...

Originally posted by Repenseks
    Any suggestions?
    Yep, random crashing for no apparent reasons typically points to hardware problems (e.g. overheating processor, or RAM defects).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hello Vlado, thanks for the lightning fast answer!

With 1.47 I did not have those kind of crashes, only with a new Vray 1.5 version

Regards
      Srdjan

Comment

Originally posted by Repenseks
        With 1.47 I did not have those kind of crashes, only with a new Vray 1.5 version
        <shrug> This does not mean that the problem is in the 1.5 version specifically. It may be a software problem, of course, but just to be on the safe side, you could check your CPU temperature and RAM for defects.

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Nevertheless Vlado is right, if your WHOLE computer crashes. Then its definitly a hardware or Windows issue. Not vray or max.

Perhaps it just happened to be an uncanny coincidence.

I would suggest you download memtest86 ISO version from http://www.memtest86.com and then burn it on a cd then boot your computer from that cd and let it check thru all your memory.. may take some time.. 30-45mins and see if it shows any errors.
          And maybe get a temp monitoring program such as speedfan and make sure your computer temps are not too high.
          http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Comment

Right, I missed the "whole computer" part. In that case, it is definitely a hardware problem. V-Ray itself can *never* crash your computer, the most it can do is crash 3dsmax.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Hello vlado!
              Hello DaForce!

Thank you guys so much

Looks like it will be the best to firstly check computer using those software, thank you DaForce and format computer and install from the begining. I did not do that for at least 6-8 months, most probably Windows got "tired" and needs to be reinstalled, not to mention dll's pileup etc.

Thank you guys, I really appretiate

Regards
              Srdjan

Comment

@ Repenseks

My old home PC is restarting and crashing like 7-8 times per night (at least).
                No max or V-Ray involved at all, just browsing or doing something easy, which is neither using CPU nor RAM.
                It is win2k and hasen't been reinstalled for the last 3 years maybe. Don't have nerves for that atm.

So, i think you know the answer.

Best regards,
                nikki Candelero
                .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Hello nikki,

you are absolutly right, I think with type of work we do, we maybe should format computer every 3-4 months, whitch is unfortunatelly sad reallity. We are trying to get away with it, but sooner or later we are forced to do it, in most unconviniant time, like in middle of the project

Regards
                  Srdjan

Comment

Working...
                  X