Problem with render2texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with render2texture

hi, I have a big problem with render2texture.. the vraycompletemap is black, on virtual rendering I can see the correct pic..

Maybe the problem was already discussed in this forum, but I canĀ“t find anything..

answer slowly please, my english suxx

thx

hello strikee,
    not sure if this is what you are talking about but look here:
    http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=16282
    i had a similar problem...what i was rendering was showing up black.
    www.boxxtech.com

Comment

hi,

same probleme...

Switching to VrayCompleteMap solved not the problem

Comment

hm, it works with rc2.. yesterday I updated to rc3...

Comment

It works if you use the V-Ray VFB and the "Split render channels" option. Not sure why it doesn't work with the 3dsmax VFB, but I'll take a look.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

on a semi related note..

I've found that if there is no filename in the Render Dialog / Common Tab / Render Output / Save File field then the file will not be saved out when you call render from maxscript with a file name while using the Vray VFB.

it will save out the file you specify in the 'outputfile:' option of the render function , but the contents will be blank.

It works fine if you have the VrayVFB off and no filename saved in the render common dialog

it also works fine if you have the VrayVFB ON and have *any* filename saved in the render common dialog.

So i pretty much just check the rendOutputFilename property in my script and set it to a temporary value while doing the render call in max, and then blank it out again after the render is over.

some random things I've noticed.
            Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Yes, David, this is to be expected. If you are using the V-Ray VFB, and there is no save to file specified in the Render Scene dialog, V-Ray will not generate the 3dsmax VFB at all. Since it is the 3dsmax VFB that gets saved when you specify the 'outputfile' option, it is to be expected that it is blank in that case.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Got another problem with render to texture...

everything looks as expected during lightcache and IRRmap calculations, but the actual render is a solid gray color, without any shadows, highlights or anything at all... just a solid color.

the same scene worked fine with RTT last week... so I know this is probably some setting i have accidently changed... but I just cant fint which one.

edit: using rc2. vray framebuffer with "save separate render channels" enabled.

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by skogskalle
                  the same scene worked fine with RTT last week... so I know this is probably some setting i have accidently changed... but I just cant fint which one.
                  It's hard to say what may be different; if you don't manage to solve this, you can send me your scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that we can take a look.

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Working...
                  X