DR Spawner Restarts Endlessly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR Spawner Restarts Endlessly

Hey folks. I know people have had this problem before with previous versions of V-Ray, but searching the forums I can't find anyone who this has happened to with 1.5 RC2. I really hope I'm not the only one.

Anyway, like the subject says, on one of our older render nodes the DR spawner restarts over and over again (icon loads in system tray, max appears, then disappears, then appears, then disappears, rinse, repeat). I have uninstalled and reinstalled V-Ray, deleted the vraydummy60.max file in both the 3dsmax and network folders, and made sure WinXP is fully patched and updated. I'm also running 3ds max 8 SP3.

No errors post in either the vraylog.txt or VRSpawner.txt logs. In the 3dsmax\network folder there is a Max.txt file, which looks like a VRay log file, which posts this endlessly:

Code:
    2006/10/24 09:08:13 DBG: Starting network
    2006/10/24 09:08:23 ERR: Error loading *.max file
    2006/10/24 09:08:23 DBG: Stop network
    2006/10/24 09:08:47 DBG: Starting network
    I've opened the vraydummy60.max file from the machine and max doesn't give me any errors. As I said, I've both uninstalled/reinstalled V-Ray and deleted both the dummy max file in the max root and the network folder. I'm not sure where to go from here if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks!
    Shaun
    ShaunDon

Has that box ever rendered a backburner frame?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Damn Eric, you're fast. Testing now...

::edit:: Just tried it, it's rendering a V-Ray scene in backburner without any problems. Should have already tested that anyway!
      ShaunDon

Comment

Just to reiterate, backburner works, however the DR spawner does not. Just realized my last post makes it sound like my problem was solved.

Thanks,
        Shaun
        ShaunDon

Comment

normally the problem was that if backburner was never run on a system it gave problems with vray but since your has run already its strange. have you opened max on those computers and pointed their vray liscence to the system setup with the liscence? not sure what effect that might have

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

open uo the vraydummy60.max file (assuming you using max 8 ) and see if it opens properly
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Ahhh, Elf, awesome, thanks for the explanation. I hadn't tried re-running DR after I tested Backburner (didn't realize the connection) -- I just tested it again and the spawner is working fine.

Thanks guys!
              Shaun
              ShaunDon

Comment

Working...
              X