"auto added" vraysky on vraysun creation has no na

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "auto added" vraysky on vraysun creation has no na

When creating a vraysun and it asks you if you would like to automatically add a vraysky environment map, this map has no actual name.
    So when you try to instance it from the max environment slot into the vray environment slots, a window pops up asking you to give it a name.

Can this be fixed so it has a name and therefore doesnt require this "naming" popup

I don't have that problem. it works for me...

best regards
    themaxxer
    Pixelschmiede GmbH
    www.pixelschmiede.ch

Comment

Thats strange cause I have tried it in both max8 and 9 and the vraysky that is automatically created and put into the max environment slot has no name. FOr instance drag it into the ME and you can see

Comment

When creating a vraysun and it asks you if you would like to automatically add a vraysky environment map, this map has no actual name.
        i never have seen this. you mean after you place a vraysun in the scene you get a popup asking if you want to create a vraysky?? nothing like that happens when i create a vraysun. i have to make the sky through the mat editor and drag/instance it over to the environment slots. it would be if it did all this automatically.

am i missing something?
        www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Originally posted by posterus
          i never have seen this. you mean after you place a vraysun in the scene you get a popup asking if you want to create a vraysky?? nothing like that happens when i create a vraysun. i have to make the sky through the mat editor and drag/instance it over to the environment slots. it would be if it did all this automatically.
          In RC3, when you create a vraysun, it will put a pop-up asking you whether you want to automatically put a vraysky in the environment slot as well.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Vlado, are you aware of the no name problem?

Would it be possible to add a tick box or 2 so the user could choose to add it into the vray skylight and reflection override if he or she wanted to?

Comment

actually i got the same thing. no name when you drag it into the ME. it states its a vraysun map but it doesnt name it

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
              X