Duplicate Vraysun problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate Vraysun problem

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but we seem to keep getting duplicate Vraysuns appearing in our Max files. We can't put our finger on why it is happening - I thought I was accidentally pressing a key or something, but when I explained to my colleague, he said he has been getting the same thing.

We are using RC2 (haven't had chance to install RC3 on 20 computers yet!) and Max8 with all the service packs.

We are creating a Max sunlight and then linking the vray sun to it, but turning off the max sun.

Any one else with this?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

the same happens here, it occurs when merging object from external max files; the VRaysun seems in someway linked to the object ...but I'm still using an old 14921

a.
    Alessandro

Comment

A possible reason could be if the sun is dragged along with a VRaySky that is manually attached to a sun node, instead of finding it automatically. There is unfortunately nothing that we can do to prevent this.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeah I have noticed this happen since 1.48.02.
        It only seems to happen when you merge from a scene with a Vray sun in it.
        It also happens when merging materials from older scenes with a Vray sun in.

Comment

Well at least we are not going mad!

So its happening when merging textures from other max scenes I think. And nothing can be done about this Vlado?

I thought you always had to manually link the vraysky to the vraysun - is this not the case? Does the vraysky automatically find the vraysun if there is one in the scene?
          Kind Regards,
          Richard Birket

Comment

I thought this was fixed as it hasnt happened to me in a while (probably due to me not merging stuff), But i just tried it and it still does....

Comment

Originally posted by tricky
              So its happening when merging textures from other max scenes I think. And nothing can be done about this Vlado?
              I don't think there is anything we can do - 3dsmax automatically merges any objects linked to the ones you select for merging or to their materials.

I thought you always had to manually link the vraysky to the vraysun - is this not the case?
              Nope, it isn't.
              Does the vraysky automatically find the vraysun if there is one in the scene?
              Yes, it does.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Many thanks for your concise answers Vlado. I like a man that doesn't beat around the bush (ooh-err missus!)
                Kind Regards,
                Richard Birket

Comment

Was posted about awhile ago.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...light=vray+sun

Well basically the same anyway.

Seems it happens if you import ANY material and im assuming any object it will bring a vraysun if its linked in vraysky.

Comment

Originally posted by DaForce
                    Seems it happens if you import ANY material and im assuming any object it will bring a vraysun if its linked in vraysky.
                    Yep, it seems to be a 3dsmax glitch...

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

is there something that you can code maybe something simple that detects more than one sun and pops up warning message or something. or if vray is able to detect the importing of materials or objects could it delete the imported sun if one exists already in the scene? sorry for the lack of formatting....writing this from my mobile phone.

Comment

A pop-up would be annoying as some of my files intentionally have multiple suns turned off in a scene.
                        LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
                        HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
                        Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

It's the same with character setups - if you bring in a mesh it'll take in any bones or nulls referenced by a skin modifier for example - can lead to a lot of things being fucked up...

Comment

yeah this is strange tho.. the character and bones i understand. But even if you import a plain old vray mtl the vray sun comes as well (if its linked in the vraysky)

Either way atleast its a max problem

Comment

Working...
                            X