Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bug?

Hello everybody,

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

Please notice darker circular shape huge splotch on the wooden panel next to the CD shelves (holes 4 cds)

Firstly i thought its just some random stuff, but then i got the same stuff in another project made completely from scratch independently on this one...
    with the only difference that this time i have noticed i got this splotch when i changed bitmaps which brings up a question whether this could be bitmap related problem....however all the bitmap were created in PS and are looking fine in all sorts of programs...i have tried converting the bitmaps to different formats but it does it again....no cc plugin was used

here is the bug

Cheers Martin
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

have you tried adjusting your reflection threshold (or cutoff)? It might be to do with the falloff on your reflection being cutoff sharply.

I know I'm a bit vauge... I can't remember the exact solution, but I'm sure someone will remember the thread that covered a similar problem.
    Patrick Macdonald
    Lighting TD : http://reformstudios.com Developer of "Mission Control", the spreadsheet editor for 3ds Max http://reformstudios.com/mission-control-for-3ds-max/

Comment

hi ..
      how did you model the wall? im sure this wouldnt happen with extruded splines.
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

hmmm.... reflection cutoff not sure where to fix that....
        teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by teabag
          hmmm.... reflection cutoff not sure where to fix that....
          Under "Options" rollout in Vray Material.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

dlparisi: thanks

natty: its a rectangle, extruded, coverted to poly, then booleaned and converted to poly again, then chamfered edges...

Fixed it!!! I changed the fall off curve from straight line to curvy shape.

Will try the cutoff method though.

Thanks again

Best regards

Martin
            teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Also make sure the surface normals point right way.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

i did and they do

I did not realize that this sort of splotch could be done by falloff
                teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                X