X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loosing reflection behind glass objects

Hello again

i have encountered these problems in my recent scenes:

1. i started using two glass panes in my windows and door systems (fixed frames etc.)...everything is fine until i for example open the sliding door and thus looking through 3 or 4 glass panes .....the third and fourth glass pane start to behave like magnifying glass.....which is very annoying and its not as it should behave in the real world.....i usually fix this by putting the glass refraction IOR to 1, but still....any suggestions with this?

2. This might be related to the topic above ..... when i look through the two panes ....for example in interior....reflections of objects behind are fine....BUT...when 3rd glass pane comes into scene, the objects behind it loose reflections rapidly and are very dark????

Dont know really.....if i was a beginner i would consider this a bad glass setting, but i ve been using vray for long time and am getting this with the latest RCs...getting frustrated....

Can anyone please help?

Cheers Martin

I will post an image if necessary
    teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

älright here is the image
    when u look at the barcelona chair u will easily see both problems at once
    scene is far from finished, still early WIP

teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

You probably need more reflection/refraction depth for your materials. Best to increase the global reflection/refraction depth from the Global switches rollout to 10 for example, and see if it helps.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi Martin,

To sort out your second problem I think you need to increase the the reflection 'Max Depth' of your chrome and leather materials on your Barcelona chair. If you have two panes of glass you're going to need a depth of at least 5.

Not sure about your first problem, it could be that you need to increase the the max depth of the refraction of the glass. I always collapse flat, glass objects to a mesh then weld all vertices and then remove smoothing groups. You could try that as well but make a copy of your windows first.

Dan
        Dan Brew

Comment

Oops too slow again.
          Dan Brew

Comment

i will try all u suggested guys.

thank u very much

best regards

Martin
            teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

yep that was it the depth although now i can expect bigger rendertimes
              teabag studios

www.teabagstudios.com

Comment

Working...
              X