DR jobs develop unknown host problem after 1 or 2 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR jobs develop unknown host problem after 1 or 2 hours

In using VRay 1.5RC3 with 3DS Max 8 and using DR with the spawner to produce a long animation:

We see a movement from using 3 rendering servers perfectly, immediately upon the start of each frame and in a balanced way for Frame 1, to at frame 18 the distribution of the irradiance map to the slaves taking much longer (such that the local host does almost all the rendering) and then eventually the slaves 'failing' with:

"Render host 'unknown' (a.b.c.d) is not responding"

There were no problems with the name being 'unknown' before this point, and as I say it is the culmination of a steady worsening of things from frames 1-20.

Has anybody else seen anything like this? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Ade

HI ,

i have the same error, Do you found a solution ?

Cheers,
    Markus
    MBA Studios | 3D Images & Visual Effects

Comment

Markus

Sorry didn't find a reply. Much as we like VRay, we had to put out efforts elsewhere because of this and so produced some nice looking stuff through some hard work with 'another solution'.

Sorry couldn't help more

Comment

Did you try to remote to the Machines when they failed ? I had crashes on slaves (that had less memory then the workstation, nice pitfall, eh ? :P ) And it poped up a dialogue that asked to continue anyways or stop. Hence it wouldnt respond to the host-machine unless you clicked anything so it could kill itself.

Regards.
        Thorsten

Comment

Unfortunately it wasn't that simple. Additionally, I don't think that would explain the steady slow-down that is experienced.

Comment

Working...
          X