Crash on light manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash on light manager

On big size renders, 4000x3000, Viz 2006 and Vray 1.5 RC3, when network rendering (backburner),process seems to always be crashing on the "preparing light manager" phase...

Works correctly as a standard render on the working machine...

Does it on different scenes, so I would guess not specific file related

I did render way bigger images with the 1.4x releases without this problem..

Of course, deadline is soon, I tried the memory management tips from this forum and from the help file, without any success

Any clue
    Specific to viz or a 1.5 related bug?
    Alain Blanchette
    www.pixistudio.com

I think that vray rc3 is bugged I’ve the same problems when rendering 3000pixels and higher on viz 2007 the renderings crash allot on standalone, backburner and dr. Strange thing is that when you keep retrying is does actually render the still. I've also turned on the 2GB switch that made it a little more stable but it eats all the memory until it crashes... memory leak ?? I really need a solid to this major problem.

Comment

The reason is most likely that V-Ray cannot allocate the memory needed for the image frame buffer. To work around this, you can try one of these:

(*) Render to the 3dsmax frame buffer and make sure that the Bitmap pager is on;

(*) Use the V-Ray frame buffer but render directly to a .vrimg file and disable the memory frame buffer option; you can then open the .vimg file with 3sdmax from the File > View image... menu or use the vrimg2exr converter;

(*) Use 64-bit 3dsmax/V-Ray;

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
      X