Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with license Vray 1.5RC3

Hi,

I'm having some really big problems with our license server. When client connects the server, it makes client's 3dsmax to freeze for some time. After this it tells that it could not obtain license.

But when I view the license summary page by using browser it tells me that the server is up (of course, I can connect it) and there should be 2 licenses available.

vrlservice.xml has line for restricting connections to the server. Default access was Deny but I've changed this to Allow with no results.

I've double checked client and server configuration's. Server ports are correct. Also there's no firewall between client and server (as one can presume since I can connect the server by web browser).

The old version of license server works correctly. Unfortunately this is not acceptable since we'd like to have other workstations with dongles to share their licenses too (we have total of 7 licenses).

So, any advices?

Which version of max are you using ?
    Keep in mind that for max9 64Bit, you need the VRLServer application launched on the machine where the lics are, if this is the case.

Best regards,
    nikki Candelero
    .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Originally posted by Candelero
      Keep in mind that for max9 64Bit, you need the VRLServer application launched on the machine where the lics are, if this is the case.
      3dsmax 8 and 3dsmax 9 32Bit.

Comment

Sad customer!!!

We just received our new dongle! Whoopie! Sadly to say it does not work correctly. Queried it in browser stats and everything looks great except it says default access of "Deny"? So I changed that to Accept.
        Now it "seems" to be connectable. I also noticed that on the client machines the default port is 30303 versus 30304 on the license server? Why has that changed? So I changed that. Still no connection..After assigning VRAY as renderer, MAX stalls and reports no license server could be obtained.......HELP Please!

Regards,
        Dave Vaughn

**Running MAX9 32bit systems with RC3 Dongle, We were running software/hardlock hack from Vlado**
        helpdesk

Comment

Working...
        X