Transparency problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency problem

I have a building with sheer glass walls and have lost all transparency when rendered. What is behind the glass ar objects with VRay light materials that are color mapped. Primary light source is an hdri with one VRay spherical light as fill. I've tried the whole range of combinations of reflection and refraction from pure white to pure black but am getting only the very slightest hing of what's behind the glass (at pure white refratction and bure black reflection). Shadow casting is off for the glass objects. I've done this many times before and am completely baffled. Could I have accidently hit some render parameter? or any other suggestions? Thanks. Harold

can we see an image?

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

How about the < Affect shadow > param in your glass materials ?

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Also make sure "refractive Caustics" is ticked in the GI rollout of the render panel. Otherwise "affect Shadow" wont work.

Comment

In the end, it may have been a corrupt geometry issue. I 3ds'ed out, reimported, reassigned the same materials and all is working as it should. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X