Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! The lighting is messed up !

Why is this happening !

Standard materials, no materials, raytrace?
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Comment

Because something's wrong. Seriously, we'd need some more info such as the lighting setup, materials, gi settings, etc., etc. For all we know you have a glowing wall and balconies with a bright green tree in the foregorund and the scene is rendered correctly.

Try rendering it with no materials, just a standard VRayMtl grey, and see what happens.

David
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

it looks like your light multiplier is to high or your GI environment multiplier is too high or both. more info is needed.
        -joe
        www.boxxtech.com

Comment

Well im putting my eggs in the raytrace/arch materials basket.

rmejia,
          check the vray log man, with a render that messed up its bound to be a wealth of knowledge.. and errors

Comment

hi all, for this problem (materials) i'm using simple script - convert all materials to VRAY MATERIALS

http://www.scriptspot.com/scripts/we...rter2_info.zip
            ARCHITECTURAL VISUALIZATION
            www.projects3d.com

Comment

I modeled this in Revit and export to cad format and then just reload the file link in viz. The lighting setup is vray sun/sky. I use the vray scene converter then start substuting the materials for my vray materials. The last saved version is fine, but the new one as soon as I update the model and render this happens. So there is definitely something thats coming in the updated model that vray doesn't like. It's the first time this happens so it caught me off guard. I applied 1 material to the whole thing, a vray edges material and it rendered fine ... so it might be some material that is screwing things up. It's weird because whatever is causing it kind of messes up randomly the renders. I always use the convert scene to vray materials (will download and try stanslavov script, thanks). There should be no raytrace materials in the scene, only vray materials. Will check tomorrow the materials to make sure and check the vray log too. Will try again changing all to a grey vray material to be sure and then see all the mats one by one to see if anyone looks suspicious.

Thanks for the help,
              Robert

This is a rendering before the file reload that messes up everything:

Comment

I Stanslavov does this mtl converter working for RC3 ?
                I'm not sure
                =:-/
                Laurent

Comment

for rc2 working perfect, today i will be updated to rc3

p.s. the script it's not my
                  ARCHITECTURAL VISUALIZATION
                  www.projects3d.com

Comment

Found the problem... in the file link reload the maintain scene materials box is checked but apparently it does not always work as it should ... it was replacing some materials for a metal material I have on the handrails and applying it to other surfaces so all the white glare was caused by reflections coming from that. In another model with the file link reload it eliminates the stairs! Stupid file link !

Comment

Originally posted by rmejia

This is a rendering before the file reload that messes up everything:

I know that Architectural Desktop Items use raytrace (architectural) materials, I think Revit does as well. So when you reload the scene, the materials from the Revit file are staying on the object. You need to find the option that allows you to keep the scene materials on the reload.

Edit: you beat me to it!

Comment

rmejia:
                        In future to save yourself time, check the vraylog straight away.. it would have told you about the wrong materials and you could have fixed it straight away

Comment

Just a Quick suggestion.
                          It is always better to "merge / migrate" your updated models into a new max /viz file. Then probably apply a simple VRayMtl all over the geometry. Then merge that "new" stuff into your setup scene. This will save lots of pain.
                          Then in your already setup scene it would take some minutes to get the needed materials applied to the geometry.

Best regards,
                          nikki Candelero
                          .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

The converter Script stalls on Multi Subs, I have seen this on a few other similar scripts, is there a way around this ?
                            Cheers
                            Mike K
                            Two heads are better than one ...
                            ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Working...
                            X