• Show
Clear All

• DR PROBLEM ALLWAYS

Hi !
    I would like to know if any has uncountered the same problem like me
    since the very biginning of Vray 1.5.
    DR doesn't work at all.
    In Fact it seems to work correctly to compute a GI Map in very low mode
    but if I use medium, all the computers stops One by one.(4 computers)
    I've tried to read any other solution provided on the forum but i don't
    understand anything...

I really fade up with that DR... I can't work at all.

Tonight i have to compute 2 IMap images in 1024x435 in medium.
    I've started at 20:00 and It is 1:30 and nothing is computed. I only have problems.

Ok, the scene is a little big but... I fade up

I use Max 8 and Vray RC4...

Thank you
    Gael

Are you on a domian?

I think you have to have adminstrative rights to run the DR spawners.
    www.studio2a.co

Comment

Maybe its because you're using RC4? That is only a public demo. The latest stable build is RC3.

I am still on Max 8 and RC2 with no DR problems whatsoever. In fact DR works about 10x better than 1.47.
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Any support for releases past the current public release (RC3) needs to be done via contact with chaosgroup directly not in the forums.
        Vlado mentioned this ages ago. So PM or email him for help with your RC4 build

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton Santiago
          Maybe its because you're using RC4? That is only a public demo. The latest stable build is RC3.

I am still on Max 8 and RC2 with no DR problems whatsoever. In fact DR works about 10x better than 1.47.
          Clifton, I have just reverted to RC2 due to DR issues and was wondering if there is someting different about the lisence? After I unistalled RC4 and instaled RC2, vray says it cannot find the license although the vray floating license server is running like always...

Thanks in advance for any ideas

Comment

oops, i forgot about the cgauth thing that vlado sent. sorry, nevermind, it's working now.
            Thanks again

Comment

Sorry to break in on this thread I thought this was kind of related but when I use DR on my 4 dual processor machines each machine will only use 1 of the 2 available processors. I saw the thread that said you needed to use a special script before network rendering in order to get quad core machines to work with Vray but I haven't found anything about DR machines having problems.

Comment

update

Well, thanks to vlado my DR problem is gone!
                Somehow the plugin.ini file on the slave was screwy. I copied
                the file from the main computer over onto the slave and DR is working fine.
                Thanks
                JR

Comment

Devin, make V-Ray the current renderer, open the MaxScript listener (F11), type "renderers.current.system_numThreads=2" without the quotes and press Enter.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...r=asc&start=25

Comment

Working...
                  X