need more than 10 DR Hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need more than 10 DR Hosts

I currently have a farm of 18 dual xeons, but vray only utilizes 10 of these machines during a single frame DR render. What do i need to do to utilize the rest of machines and render more efficiently?

Will purchasing another license do the job?

If you have only one license, then 10 machines is the limit that you can use. If you have more than one license, then there are two options:

(*) If you have a dongle, the dongle alows you to use 10x the number of licenses that you have for distributed rendering (e.g. if you have 2 licenses you will be able to use 20 machines).

(*) If you have a software license key, you can email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com for information on how to get the additional DR licenses working.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hey Vlado,

I've tried emailing you more than once regarding this matter. Please email me at amer@kimaera.com as soon as you can.

Thanks.

Comment

Vlado,

It's been months now! If you're THAT busy, then who can i contact in order to solve this issue?! I'm getting quite frustrated here!!

need your immediate attention pls.

Amer

Comment

Drop him a pm too - someties mails get caught in a spam filter

Comment

k thanks, ill try that!

Comment

yep...pm, email and phone...that what I had todo to get my extra lic code last year when I had a rush job on.

But, that was alot of work that I didnt really have time for and ChaosGroups customer service is seriously lacking. Unfortunalty, im just one person, im sure if i was Digital Domain or ILM, they would move heaven and earth to help you, i only needed one code, so I guess im of less priority.
              mdi-digital.com

Comment

Dont forget that Chaosgroup is a small, and very busy company.
                Im pretty sure they dont treat single customers any different to big companies.

Calling is certainly the prefered method for immediate response. Relying on PM or email for such urgent requests is not such a good idea with any company really.

Comment

Hello Amer,

A dongle has been shipped to you on July 16, 2007 to the address you specified in your dongle request; I'm not sure how long it would take to get there, but I'd imagine it should be arriving soon.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
                  X