Can't even explain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't even explain

OK here we go. I am trying to do a quick rendering for work and I keep getting this pixelated mess on the renderings. Modeled in sketchup and exported as a dwg file. Then file linked to viz2007. I have been doing it this way for 2 years and this keeps happening now. It also happened last night on a different rendering. I had rendered it 100 times and everything was fine. I hit render last night and this pixelation happens. WTF.

Please help.

Double Faces maybe ? Try raising your secondary ray bias to 0.001 or 0.002

Thorsten

Comment

Originally posted by instinct
      Double Faces maybe ? Try raising your secondary ray bias to 0.001 or 0.002

Thorsten
      Second that !

Best regards,
      nikki Candelero
      .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Can you tell me where that is located?

Comment

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/150R...s_switches.htm

Comment

Thanks. I changed it several times and still nothing. I will continue playing with it. Thank you all for the fast reponses.

Comment

OMG How stupid of me. Apparently you have to extrude the faces in sketchup. If not Viz can't recognize them as faces. Instead it flips the normals oddly even though I render everything two-sided.
              Thanks again for all of the responses.

Comment

Also, by default sketchup exports two duplicate sets of geometry. One for the edges and one for the faces. This can cause a lot of coplanar issues.

My solution is not to work with sketchup geometry in max, but to simply snap to it as needed while remodeling everything far more efficiently in Max.

Comment

Working...
                X