Controlling Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling Environment

It seems no matter what I do for interior shots, I get the light levels right for the inside of the Interior space, the vraysky background looks completely white. If I get the VraySky right, the interior is too dark. I have tried EVERYTHING to try and solve this problem. After about 1000 test renders I still have not figured out how to control both. I’m using VraySky and Vary Physical Camera Have tried just about every f-stop, ISO, Shutter speed to no avail. Someone could shed some light on this matter would be outstanding. I’m also using LWF. Gadzooks

Thats cos it's the way it should work really - since there's bugger all light inside, you need to use a very wide aperture on a camera to get enough light in to make a decent exposure. If you were to take the same camera outside without changing the settings, the huge amount of light outside would flood the camera and burn everything out. Because the light situations are so different between the two it'd be nigh on impossible to correctly expose both inside and out in the one shot. Your best bet is to make an alpha channel for the world outside and then either do a seperate render with different exposure settings, or render to a float format and again using your window matte, expose the areas outside downards a little bit to bring it back in.

Comment

Working...
    X