Field rendering with v-ray frame buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field rendering with v-ray frame buffer

I'm having quite the problem. I'm using IR map + QMC and trying to render using the v-ray frame buffer with fields on. The problems is the picture is getting squeezed into the top half of the frame.

I've read the posts about turning off the show calculation phase for LC, but I'm not using LC and I have it turned off on the IR map. Any ideas on how to get this to work? Thanks.

what version of V-Ray are you using also are you using the vrayvfb?
    Eric Boer
    Dev

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using RC3 and the vray frame buffer.

Comment

wild guess:
        maybey ur max frame buffer size is smaller than the vray frame buffer?
        Nuno de Castro

www.ene-digital.com
        nuno@ene-digital.com
        00351 917593145

Comment

At the moment, the V-Ray VFB cannot work with field rendering. You will have to use the 3dsmax VFB.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I was afraid of that. I have to use the VFB because that's the only way to get a true 32bit image since the Max output clamps it to 8 bit and I have to use fields because it's fast motion on video. Is there any fix available? Will this be addressed in a future release?

Comment

If you're using full float, wouldn't it be better to do field separation in your compositor or editor?

Comment

I've never had good results with field separation during compositing. It is always smoother with the fields coming from 3ds especially with fast moving objects. If you have some tricks that you use I would love to hear about them.

Comment

Sorry I can't really be of more help, we pretty much avoid fields.

Comment

What do you mean? You can't save 32 bit float frames without
                    vfb? Just set output format to 32bit exr and render, with fields if you
                    like. It'll be saved as it should.

...maybe I just didn't understand the problem here.

-LarsSon
                    Lasse Kilpia
                    VFX Artist
                    Post Control Helsinki

Comment

Lars,
                      Unfortunately if you try to save .exr file (or any other 32bit capable format) using the 3ds output method it will clamp the image to 8bit. The only way to get true 32bit images is to use the vray frame buffer output (vrimg). It's a known issue that I think is being addressed in RC4.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgfx
                        Lars,
                        Unfortunately if you try to save .exr file (or any other 32bit capable format) using the 3ds output method it will clamp the image to 8bit. The only way to get true 32bit images is to use the vray frame buffer output (vrimg). It's a known issue that I think is being addressed in RC4.
                        This is correct, yes. You can email me if you would like a newer build.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

At the moment, the V-Ray VFB cannot work with field rendering. You will have to use the 3dsmax VFB.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I'm sorry to inform you or mabe happy, that we just rendered 2 projects using vfb and lwf and used fields, the rendered frame was squised to the top but it rendered correctly...
                          it was only displayed wrong at the vfb.
                          Gili
                          http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Gili,
                            So are you're saved frames squished at the top as well? That's the way they come out for me.

Comment

i saved them as tga 24 bit and they came out just fine include the fields , it was only displayed squashed on the vfb.
                              http://www.3dvision.co.il

Comment

Working...
                              X