Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner Strip Rendering Vray Material Problem

Hi,

I think I've found a bug. The scene I'm working on at the moment renders like this when rendered locally:

And like this when strip rendered via Backburner:

The first problem seems to be with refraction. The second is the amount of noise is higher in the net rendered image.

The refraction only seems to render like this when more than one machine renders the strips.
    The amount of noise is always higher in the net rendered image.

I noticed the problem on a production job, when I sent my final renders to the network & they came back all messed up like above.
    This example was sent by my XP x64 workstation, running Max9 32 bit & Vray 1.5 RC3. It was rendered by the same machine and an XP x86 render node.
    I'm using gamma correction 2.2 & Vray physical cam.

I think I've found the cause of the refraction glitch, but can't work out the noise problem.
    The refraction thing seems to be related to the map slots in the Vray mat. I was messing around with a Vray colour map in the refraction slot, occasionally un-checking some of the maps.
    I decided not to use any of them so I deleted the maps but didn't re-check the boxes.
    The un-checked boxes seem to be the cause, if you re-check them it strip renders correctly.

If you want to take a look at the scene you can get it here: http://www.turn2dinto3d.net/images/Courtyard_Forum.zip

Any thoughts on the noise issue?

Let me know if you need any more info about my setup...

Cheers,
    Olly
    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

I just thought I'd bump this as people may have missed it due to the Easter weekend...

Cheers,
    Olly

Comment

Has nobody got any thoughts on this one?

I'm a freelancer & I get the same problem at all of my clients studios & on my own setup. I was sure one of you would have come across it already...

Any thoughts greatfully received, especially on the increased noise in the net rendered image.

Cheers,
      Olly

Comment

Working...
      X