Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Submaterials in AEC-object doesnt cast shadows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submaterials in AEC-object doesnt cast shadows.

I use AEC windows all the time.

Since the upgrade to 3DsMax 9 (with prod. booster) I get problems though.

When I assign att multi/subobject material to the window I get the opacity but no shadows and no light comes through. I´ve tested with Vray Sun and max default lightning with the same results.

The strange thing is, if I use an instance of the glass material and assign it to a single object it works. Even If I assign it to the entire window it works . Strange!

Is there a solution for this problem?
    Any help would be much appreciated

There's a bug with opacity and shadows in multi sub object materials, lukx has posted a workaround on the forum. It's fixed in rc4, possibly mail vlado to grab a copy of it.

Comment

oh really! thx!

I´ll mail vlado right away, cant live without that.

I thought we would get any fixes from chaos without asking...

Comment

Well, it's kind of a case that if it's a huge problem and you can't go on working then definitely get in touch with them and they'll happily get you a new build, but if it's a minor thing and not that much of a hassle and you can wait until the next rc release then fine. You do get all of the fixes but they only release things when they're at a stage that the chaos guys are happy with but if you do have a specific problem you can't work around then they'll make you a build that fixes that problem and send it over.

Comment

ok. thanks again for your help.
          My IT-guy talked to chaos this afternoon but they advised us not to install... (?)
          anyone who has the latest beta installed and can say different?

Comment

Might be worth sticking with rc3 and using this workaround then - http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...ic.php?t=17187

Comment

This forum is certainly the best!

thank you so much. didnt find even though I searched the forum carefully!

onca again, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X