Strip rendering- lines between strips are visible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strip rendering- lines between strips are visible

Had to do a 7000px x 4000px rendering and used the strip method, all strips were then comped together automatically in BB. Only when I viewed it at 100% in PS did I notice that there are slight colour variations between the srtips, so I have to clone out the visible line between them.

Has anyone here had this issue, all maps are on the pc that is doing the rendering.

thanks,
    Tom
    Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

i just got it now, solved turning of the vray informations at botton of image
    natal - brazil

Comment

Did you pre-render your IR and LC maps?
      "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Either pre-calc the lighting or turn your settings up a lot more.

Comment

Re: Strip rendering- lines between strips are visible

Tom, this happens normally, because you are practically splitting your one frame into different images. V-ray will make different light calculations at the edges, and when you register the stripes, you will get some differences.

You may want to increase the overlapping in the BB settings for the stripes, then in PS you just feather the edges of the stripes.

regards

gio

Comment

Exactly. IR and LC are approximate methods that will be calculated differently between machines which causes the banding in your render stripes. What you can do is 1) send an IR/LC pass, autosave them, and "don't render final image" to one machine. 2) Then send the strip rendering pass, dependent on the first pass, using the IR/LC maps which will be saved by the first pass. This always works for us. The other option is to do the IR/LC with DR, save it, and then do step 2 in backburner. You obviously wouldn't need to worry about this with QMC/QMC.
            "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
            X