Vray Color - crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Color - crash

Does anybody else get crashes when you try to apply a Vray color map? I do!
    Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

This happens only in some intermediate versions of RC4; if you wish, you can email me at vlado@chaosgroup.com; in general, for any problems with unofficial builds it's better to email me directly, as few people on the forum will be able to help you.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

But I am using RC3. Do you know of any issues with that version?

Thanks.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Hm, no, I don't think anyone reported it for RC3 (which is why I assumed you were using RC4). You can still email me though

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

Ahh, I don't think it is just a Vray Color problem. Now in Max 9 I get lots of crashes when I try to do sub-maps like falloff or Colour Correct. It's really bad. I haven't even successfully used the CC plugin yet, which really sucks. It crashes every time.
          Tim Nelson
          timnelson3d.com

Comment

sounds like that problem i was having where i couldn't drag a 'none' map without it crashing, which also seemed to fix itself... although I've moved on from that particular scene now that was causing the problem.

although vlado said he had found the cause.
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus
              sounds like that problem i was having where i couldn't drag a 'none' map without it crashing, which also seemed to fix itself... although I've moved on from that particular scene now that was causing the problem.

although vlado said he had found the cause.
              It seemed to happen when the texture was displayed in the viewport, or something like that... 3dsmax first deletes the texture and then tries to disable the already deleted object from the viewport.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

the problem with the viewport bitmap problem is linked to if a bitmap is currently active in the viewport, and you right-click -> clear, or drag a "None" map into the slot max will crash, you can fix this but unenabling the bitmap in the viewport then clearing the map.

-Colin
                Colin Senner

Comment

Originally posted by MoonDoggie
                  you can fix this but unenabling the bitmap in the viewport then clearing the map.

-Colin
                  Oh, aren't you a genius! I think thats what was causing my crashes too. If I disable the map in the viewport I can do the colour correct just fine.

Thanks so much!

Edit: Oh, and thanks Vlado too! I didn't read your post above until just now.
                  Tim Nelson
                  timnelson3d.com

Comment

you could always write a maxscript to turn them all off for you to make sure you don't accidently do it like I always seem to do:

Code:
                    for o in objects do (
                         try ( showTextureMap o.material o.material.diffuseMap off ) catch ()
                    )
                    replace "off" with "on" to turn them back on.

Hope this helps as well.
                    Colin Senner

Comment

Cool, thanks.
                      Tim Nelson
                      timnelson3d.com

Comment

MoonDoggie - really thanks for this, i tried to get a mate to write me a script to do just this years ago - many thanks i'll definitely be using this.

timmatron - when you say ColourCorrect, do you mean with the 3rd party ColourCorrect plugin? I noticed you said for Max 9? Is it available now? This was my most used and useful plugin for Max 8, and i hate using Max 9 for the simple reason i don't have this.

If it's available could you let me know where to get it from again? Many Thanks

Comment

Yeah it's out for Max 9 although only 32 bit unfortunately.

http://www.cuneytozdas.com/software/.../#ColorCorrect
                          Tim Nelson
                          timnelson3d.com

Comment

sv: anytime, If you ever need any scripting done, shoot me a pm, same goes for others.

timmatron: thanks for linking the colorcorrect, I needed that!
                            Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
                            X