Displacement & Xrefing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement & Xrefing

I posted this in the wrong forum a while ago and got no replies hope someone here can help a little more.

I'm having issues with Xrefing items with a Vray displacement modifier attached. I've been building a bunch of furniture which is still under design and Xrefing it into my scene but the displacement isn't appearing on the render.

The displacement shows in the original file but not when Xref'd anyone have any ideas????
    Greg

What kind of displacement are you using? If you look at the V-Ray log file, does it say that a displaced mesh is actually created for that object? If yes, then maybe it cannot find the displacement map?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply Vlado.
      I'm using 3d displacement, I tried 2d but got no displacement in original file either.

I am not sure how to deciphere the log file but the original file finds the displacement map so i would presume the file with the xref would find it. (Are recent entries at the top or bottom of log file?)

I am using Real-World Scale in the map file could that effect it??
      Greg

Comment

I have been trying to deciphere the log file (C:\vraylog.txt). Could someone please tell me where to look for the displacement mesh informaion Vlado is suggesting i check?

Cheers
        Greg

Comment

Working...
        X