vray and onyx trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray and onyx trees

Hello im working with onyx trees and vray for a while nad for stills i dont have any problem but in animation i dont have any idea to get rid of the flikering. anybody knows the best way of getting rid of the flikering with the minium render times cost?

thanks

Onz

Are the trees animated or station. Could you show a sample video of the problem.

Comment

flickering gi or flickering AA? big difference. flickering gi is most greatly caused by rendering single frame mode. flickering AA is caused by too sharp a filter combined with low image sampling
      Brian Smith
      www.3dats.com
      3D Architectural Training Solutions

Comment

THE TREES ARE STATIC. iT IS JUST A FLY THRU CAMERA. iHAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE TRESS AND SOME TIMES WITH THE GRASS MATERIAL. I USE COMBINATION OF IRRADIANCE MAP + LIGHTCACHE
        AND IS EXTERIOR SCENE.

I JOPE THIS INFO CAN HELP.

THX

ONZ

Comment

i solved this by using "max subdivs" of 5 instead of 4, in the QMC AA settings.
          Marc Lorenz
          ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
          www.marclorenz.com
          www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Mind that for animations, small details like leaves might come out in a range of 1 pixel or close. Raising AA may help, but also think of enabling MB. That would fix lots of the flickering.

Best regards,
            nikki Candelero
            .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE ANSWERS i WILL GONA TRY THEM AND SEE IF THE PROBLEM GOES.

THX

Comment

@Candelero: Enabling MB?

If its GI flickering try QMC/QMC.
                "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Motion blur - I did a few ads with fly overs of orchards and the only thing that resolved the flickering was motion blur and softer anti-alisers - As nikki mentioned a lot of the leaves were only a pixel big in the background so it was causing a huge amount of pixel creep and flickering.

Comment

oh yeah... duh. Thanks
                    "Why can't I build a dirigible with my mind?"

Comment

Working...
                    X