Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lwf, sun/sky and vray light

Hi All,

just working on another office interior, its a low ceiling height office with quite a large floor plate. I have sun/sky physical cam set up, and standard lights in where ceiling grids would be. I am trying to push more natural light into the scene by putting a couple of vray lights in the windows like i used to do before I used the sun/sky physical cam approach for a lot of our new interiors..

right the problem is, no matter what the vray light multiplier settings are I cant seem to get any illumination from the vray lights..

any ideas..

to confirm.. are people that are using the sky/sun/physical cam set up for some of their interiors, have you ditched using the vray lights..

thanks in advance.

g

Well the v-ray sun is about 380 times brighter then normal lights so if you exposed the physical cam to that then other lights won't have much effect unless you compensate.

Comment

Have you tried turning off the sun and tweaking the vray window lights until you get some decent illumination from them? You'll have to really jack up the multiplier. Then turn the sun back on.

What multiplier are you currently using for the vray window lights?

Comment

yep.. understand that.. got the vray light up at 385 to see effect... but nothing

tried with the sun off too.. still nothing.. weird.

Comment

a vray light has decay, the sun does not...

Lele

Comment

re rendered, and cleared irrandiance map.. vraylights are working now and addins some more illumination to the office scene.

StudioDIM, yep was aware that there is no decay on the sun, thats why i was thinking with my current set up the vraylight would not work as i would expect.... what do you recon about the use of a vray light in the windows even with the correct sun sky cam settings, for interiors, expecially ones where there is smaller window openings, the vray light seems to add a little more light into the scene..

will post some of the tests that i am doing asap.. obviously there is a render time penalty using te vraylight, might ditch the them for the planned animation though.

Comment

Originally posted by studioDIM

Lele
              Sure it does.... or the light on Pluto would be just as bright as on Earth...

Comment

Originally posted by cpnichols
                Originally posted by studioDIM

Lele
                Sure it does.... or the light on Pluto would be just as bright as on Earth...

Well, if it's light intensities similar to that of the VRay-sun you care for, t3dm, do check the no-decay parameter in the vray lights...
                Then the intensity at the source will be the same along the light rays, making it a bit more similar to how that VRay-sun behaves.

Don't really know about interiors.
                They vary a lot, and the sun+sky+physcam setup was devised for that strong light, not necessarily for standard vray lights.
                Just use the physcam as you would a normal one, and forget the sun and sky setup (ie. lower or raise the scene brightness through it)

Lele

Comment

no I wanted to keep the decay of the vray light, got it working now though..

will post images when i get a free min.. later tonight i rekon...

cheers for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X