jagged edges at curves in render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jagged edges at curves in render

hi i'm having a problem with rendering a piece of a model- it's rendering jagged at the edges :

here is a scanline render, so it's an issue with something in the render, rather than the modelling.
    one of the models is a cad import, and the other is a max spline.

can anyone help with this? i've tried increasing the antialiasing, but that didn't help.

thanks

Yeah its not an AA problem as the mesh itself is deformed in the vray renders. Just look at the pink/purple shapes the longer bits are all wavey.

How big is the modifier stack? Try collapsing back to editable mesh or poly.

Perhaps you can upload the scene for us to look at.

Comment

hi. thanks for the reply. i've tried collapsing the models to editable mesh and poly, but that doesn't resolve the issue.

i would like to upload that model to see if it has the same issues, but i can't access any filesharing site from work, as "Personal Network Storage and Backup" sites are filtered. i might try it on my pc at home later, and if so post it up.

any other ideas as to what it might be?

Comment

Your more than welcome to email it to me if you like.

It looks like in some areas there could be a coplanar faces.. i.e. 2 or more faces occuping the same space.
        Put an STL check modifier on one of these pieces of mesh and see if it comes back with any errors.

Comment

Problem fixed.

Problem was stated in the vray log. Scene was too far frin origin point.

If you move the objects/camera back to close to 0,0,0 it renders ok.

Comment

thanks for that DaForce.
            i often have models from CAD files, and i usually leave them in the same position, so if new drawings need to be imported from CAD they can easily be imported into the same place.

will make sure to move them close to the scene origin in the future.

Comment

Working...
            X